Everything you need to know
First Aid For Teachers
At First Aid Bristol we believe it is so important that people learn first aid. First aid training courses will teach you techniques that can build your confidence and give you the ability to actually save someone’s life when it counts.
We teach a broad variety of first aid training courses for teachers. From the more regular Paediatric First Aid courses and Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualifications to fully tailored first aid training courses for people working specialist fields.
Train at your location
Awarding Body Regulated Trainers
Training available 7 days a week
We can come to you
Dynamic and engaging training
First Aid Courses for Teachers
First Aid courses for individuals, groups and business'
Practical & engaging first aid courses for low prices
First Aid Training Courses
As a school what should we do?
Legally schools need to comply with the Health and Safety Regulations, 1981, which, states that employers have a legal responsibility to make sure that there is adequate provision in terms of first aiders and equipment in case of first aid emergencies within the work environment or on trips away from school, for their employees. Employers also have health and safety responsibilities towards non-employees. The Health and Safety Commission (HSC) guidance recommends that organisations, such as schools, which provide a service for others should include them in their risk assessments and provide for them. In the light of their legal responsibilities for those in their care, schools should consider carefully the likely risks to pupils and visitors.
- A suitable stocked first aid box
- An appointed person to take charge of first aid arrangements
- Information for employees on first aid arrangements
- This minimum provision must be supplemented with a risk assessment to determine any additional provision taking into consideration the size of the school, number of employees, split sites etc.
- Nurseries and primary schools need to be compliant with both HSE and Ofsted, EYES requirements
What’s in our courses?
The school’s first aid needs should be reassessed regularly, at least annually to ensure that the first aid provision remains adequate for the schools needs.
Schools should make sure that their insurance arrangements provide full cover for claims arising from actions of staff acting within the scope of their employment.
For more detailed information on legal requirements for first aid in schools: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/first-aid-in-schools
First aid training needs will vary from school to school and there are a variety of first aid courses that are suitable, the main ones being:
- FAW (First Aid at Work) an comprehensive, in depth 3 day course (certificate lasts 3 years)
- EFAW (Emergency First Aid at Work) a 1 day 6 hour course which covers CPR, AED’s, choking, bleeding, breaks and burns as well as the more common illnesses (certificate lasts 3 years)
- Paediatric 2 day course which covers CPR, AED’s, choking, bleeding, breaks and burns as well as the more common illnesses. It looks more specifically at the needs of babies and young children. It follows the syllabus outlined by the Early Learning Foundation Stage (EYFS), the course meets the Ofsted Early years and child register. (certificate lasts 3 years)
- Paediatric 1 day course, this course also meets the requirements of the Ofsted early years and child register. (certificate lasts 3 years)
- Basic life support and AED’s, choking (3 hour course)
Practical & Engaging
Scenario lead training so practical skills can be learnt so you can be confident if something does happen.
All first aid Bristol instructors are trained to a very high standard and all come from backgrounds where first aid has come into use to save lives.
Essential Life Skills
Learning first aid is a fantastic skill to add to your CV. Now required by many employers a first aid certificate can help seal a new job.
At first aid bristol we think that first aid should be available to everyone so we keep our course prices as low as possible.
Thanks guys, the training was great and I cant thank you enough for sorting me out last minute. I was really struggling to find somewhere but your whole team went above and beyond. See you in a few years!Anna DziokSales Manager - Broadway Bathrooms
What a blast, totally expecting to have a boring day but it was so much fun. Cant recommend enough. Especially if you are in the trades, these guys know exactly what they're talking about.Andy DaltonRoofing Solutions RTS
Thanks so much Claire. All of the guys really enjoyed their training. We thought that you were incredibly professional, dealing with 12 loud blokes like you did. ThanksHarry NahumBleakers Solutions