Some useful information..
Our Equality Policy
Please see this page for all information regarding our equality policy & what we do at First Aid Bristol to ensure that every member of staff and every customer through our doors is treated equally.
If you have any questions or need additional advice regarding our refund policy please do not hesitate to get in touch.
First Aid courses for individuals, groups and business'
Practical & engaging first aid courses for low prices
First Aid Bristol is fully committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our first aid trainers and other staff and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our staff to be truly representative of all sections of society and our clients, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
First Aid Bristol – in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities – is also committed against unlawful discrimination of clients or the public
The policy’s purpose is to:
- Provide fairness, equality and respect for all in our staff, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
- Not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 no-one will be discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation.
- Avoid and oppose all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes the following- terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, in pay and benefits, dismissal, redundancy, parental leave, requests for flexible working, and selection for employment, promotion and training.
First Aid Bristol commits to:
- Encourage equality and diversity in the workplace as they are good practice.
- Create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
This commitment includes all staff at First Aid Bristol about their rights and responsibilities under the equality policy.
All staff have the responsibility as well as their employer that they can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their employment, against fellow employees, clients, suppliers and the public.
Take very seriously complaints of victimisation bullying, harassment and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, clients, suppliers, visitors, the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s work activities.
Any such behaviour will be dealt with as misconduct under the grievance and/or disciplinary procedures of First Aid Bristol and any appropriate action will be taken. Very serious complaints could amount to gross misconduct and lead to dismissal without notice
It should be noted that sexual harassment may amount to both an employment rights matter and a criminal matter, such as in sexual assault allegations. In addition, harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 – which is not limited to circumstances where harassment relates to a protected characteristic – is a criminal offence
making opportunities for training and development and progress available to all its staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential.
Reviewing its employment practices and procedures on a regular basis and make any necessary changes to include fairness and any changes in the law.
Our Clients Rights and Responsibilities;
You can expect to be treated with respect, courtesy and consideration at all times by our staff and we expect you to treat our staff in the same way.
You will not be discriminated against or treated less favourably in any way on the grounds of your religion, beliefs, age, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
The equality policy is fully supported by senior management.
Feedback and Complaints;
We will deal with any complaints of discrimination quickly and in a constructive manner. Any feedback or complaints that we receive will be dealt with compassionately. We appreciate that this can be a difficult subject to talk about and individuals may feel uncomfortable but we are committed to providing a work environment where individuals feel empowered to come forward.
Please contact Oli Lyndale or Indie Lyndale if you have any concerns
0117 244 3563